Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Right Angles and Last Day of School

Yesterday was the last day of school. Mrs. Yollis took a picture of my shirt because it had right angles. I wore the shirt because it was something I learned in third grade. I realized that the angles looked like the letter L. The "L"s could stand for the last day. This school year I learned many things. I mastered my multiplication facts and the division facts. The day before the last day we had our party. There was pizza, veggies, fruit, and cookies. Bennett's mom started the game jeopardy, so we could play. Even though team four won, we still had fun. One of the questions was: What landmark has faces carved on it?  We correctly said Mt. Rushmore.

Photo by Mrs. Yollis
Then Parsa finished Alpha Smarting on the last day with twenty minutes left! Since he was typing so fast, I felt like he was flash. He finished at least five sections.
Photo by Mrs. Yollis
picture by Mrs. Yollis
 After everything we had to say goodbye. It was very sad.

We had a group hug. I had to say goodbye to my friends even though I will see Collin and maybe Ryan because of basketball.




What is your favorite school memory?
If you had to compliment a teacher please leave a comment?


3 comments:

  1. @ Sean,

    I love how you summarized the events of our last day! It is good to mark special days with a post. That way, you'll be able to look back and remember these times.

    Parsa's big finish with only 20 minutes to go was impressive! A lot of students might have just given up, but he gave us a great lesson about perseverance!

    One of my special memories of the year was winning the Thank a Teacher contest. I could not believe it when Mrs. Hibler came in and announced it. What a memory!

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mrs. Yollis,

    That was a great memory when you won. I remember the class was going crazy screaming of joy after the announcement. And I wondered why was Mrs. Hibler in our room. Usually she comes in with parents, but this time she was not, she was video taping us.

    My favorite memory was probably dot day. Our friend Mrs. Shipow made a dot with her name it. After that all of my classmates were trying their names.

    Why do you think Parsa was so eager too type?

    Sincerely,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

* * * Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. You should always check your comment before publishing!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like. Important: All comments MUST be approved by me. :-) Sean Text by Mrs. Yollis