Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Roxy and Barley


Three weeks ago my family took care of a dog. The dog was a chocolate Labrador. Her name was Barley. My dog Roxy was playing for hours with Barley. Roxy took a couple of naps. The dogs were waking up around six. Saturday was the most tiring day.  My mom walked the dogs while I was playing basketball. After thirty minutes I played fetch. Roxy was so tired, so she took a nap. Barley was not tired yet. I played fetch again. The Sunday Barley left was when I had a game. My mom told me we just missed her by five minutes.




                                             Have you ever taken care of a dog or animal?

3 comments:

  1. @ Sean,

    What a great photo of Roxy and Barley! They look like they are great friends!

    We take Buck up on a trail near our house, and he meets all kinds of dogs. Some of them he likes and they chase one another for fun. Sometimes, he encounters a feisty one who snarls and nips.

    How often do you walk Roxy? How do you think Buck and Roxy would get along?

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It must have been fun for both you and Roxy to have a new temporary family member. I recently took care of my parents dog Elsie, a huge German shepherd. We have a miniature Schnauzer and despite the size difference, the two dogs got a long just fine. At times they played rough and I was concerned that Elsie would trample the little dog, but it all worked out at the end and no one got hurt. What I did learn, was that it is a lot of work watching two dogs.

    How long did you babysit Barley?

    I look forward to reading your next post,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sean,
    I have an english bulldog. She's white with brown spots. My chore is to feed Gumbo and give her water.
    From,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

* * * Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. You should always check your comment before publishing!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like. Important: All comments MUST be approved by me. :-) Sean Text by Mrs. Yollis