Friday, July 12, 2013

At the Beach

My family is here from Denmark this summer, so we went to the beach. In Denmark, it is very cold sometimes, even in the summer. They have earthquakes and snow storms. They get snow and a lot of rain. 

Even though the water was cold, we still went in. Since it was very hot outside, it felt refreshing. I went under a few times, but I got right back up and did not fall. One time I was holding my dad's hand and my uncle's hand. I went under the wave with them , and my uncle landed on my knee. Sadly, my uncle hurt his toe. It was turning blue. After we were done,  we went to the rock at Point of Doom to see it. We weren't allowed to swim because of the big rocks.
Photo by my Uncle Mogens
Have you been to the beach yet?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sean,

    I was so please to read your new post about your relatives from Denmark! I bet you are really enjoying spending some family time together. What is the water temperature that is typical for where they live in Denmark? They are quite north. In fact, what is their latitude? If you remember, Los Angeles is about 34˚N or the Equator.

    You asked if I have been to the beach. I have not, but we are planning to take Buck to the beach tomorrow! He has never walked on sand or been in the ocean, so we are very curious to see how he reacts. I'm sure you remember how much he loved his little pool. We'll see about the ocean!

    What other activities have you been doing with your Danish relatives?

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean - sounds like you are having lots in New Zealand. Reading your story makes me want to go for a walk along the beach :) Not sure I'd go for a swim though! A bit too chilly. I live in Nelson and there are lots of lovely beaches to visit.

    Why do you think it is called the Point of Doom?

    From

    Emma (Year 4/5 Teacher at Upper Moutere School)

    ReplyDelete

* * * Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. You should always check your comment before publishing!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like. Important: All comments MUST be approved by me. :-) Sean Text by Mrs. Yollis