Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memory Wood

Two summers ago I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona with my grandparents. The Grand Canyon is a landmark. One day at the gift shop I spotted a pocket knife, but sadly it was a small one, so I did not get it. A few days later there was a big one that had my name on it. The wood was smooth and had a good grip. While walking back, my grandpa spotted this piece of wood. It was big, so we decided to use my pocket knife and carve our names in it. Happily, my dad carved them, so I did not get cut by the pocket knife. For my my sister's name and mine my dad carved the Colorado River because it looked like a S. Now this piece of wood stands in my living room. And when I look back at that piece of wood it reminds me of the Grand Canyon.


What is your favorite memory?

Do you have any memories that you have piece of wood from? If so where did you go?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sean
    Nice memory you have. It brings back memories for us too, It was a great trip we had.
    We have a memory wood too. It is from Norway. We spend a summer holiday there with our good friends (Mie and Pylle) you know them.
    The wood has toothmarks from a beaver. It is hanging in our hall.

    Your Grandparents from Denmark
    Nete and Leif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mormor and Morfar,

    I do know Mie and Pylle. Every summer when we visit we bake pancakes. Mie has the dough ready for us every time. When I bake the pancakes I bake them for fifteen seconds. Sometimes I put them on longer, and they are always a little burnt. Sometimes we bake them for everyone.

    When we were at Norway with them. I caught my first fish. Even though it was small, it was still good. I did not want too skin it. Also we roasted marshmallows. My first was a little burnt, but then I did better and better throughout the turns.

    Have you ever eaten my pancakes? Do you like without jam or with jam?

    You grandson,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete

* * * Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. You should always check your comment before publishing!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like. Important: All comments MUST be approved by me. :-) Sean Text by Mrs. Yollis